Hannah was born on July 28, 2009 at 6:48 a.m. at Orem Community Hospital.
Here are the labor details if you are interested: I started having contractions on Sunday night(July 26th). They got to the point where they were about 4-5 minutes apart so we started getting ready to go to the hospital. After awhile the contractions started getting farther and farther apart until they pretty much stopped. I was up all night and went to bed around 7 a.m. on Monday morning. I had some contractions throughout Monday and then they picked up again that night around 10:00. I was in labor all night and we finally left to go to the hospital around 4:00 a.m. when the contractions were 3-4 minutes apart. When we got to the hospital I was dilated to 5 cm. I had decided that I wanted to do the birth natural and I had an excellent labor partner (Brian) and certified nurse midwife to help me make it through all of the contractions. I did get to the point where I really wanted an epidural so they decided to check me and at that point I was dilated to 9 cm so I decided that I would stick it out and not get an epidural. That's when they broke my water and everything kept going very quickly. I only had to push for 15 minutes until little Hannah was born. It was such an incredible experience and I still can't believe I did it. I only had her 1 week early but she is very little. My placenta had calcified and had pretty much stopped working so it is good that she came when she did. That is the main reason she is so small. She is a very healthy little baby. They monitored her blood sugar levels and her temperature at first because she was so small but everything stayed normal. They just want us to make sure that she is getting plenty to eat and that we keep her warm. The results from her bilirubin test were a little high so we did phototherapy at home for a couple days. She is eating well, sleeping well, etc. She is a pretty calm baby so far and we love her so much!!!

She weighed just 4 lbs 14 oz at birth and she was 19 1/2 in. No, she is not a preemie. She is just tiny.
Hannah's first bath was under the faucet like this:
Look at the proud parents! We love our baby Hannah.
Look how good the Mommy looks, especially since she gave birth unmedicated. She's so tough.
Look at how happy the new daddy is. He loves his baby Hannah!!!
Here's our midwife, Jana. She was an amazing midwife. We don't know if Lesley would have made it unmedicated without her. Most people talk about epidurals being lifesavers. My lifesavers were Brian and Jana. Brian stayed up with me for 2 nights while I was going through contractions and sacrificed precious sleep. He gave me back rubs, let me lean on him, got warm baths ready for me, played relaxing music, went on a walk with me at 5:00 a.m. on Monday morning, said lots of encouraging words, and did so many others things to help me through labor. He was an amazing labor coach!!! Jana helped both of us make it at the end. She showed Brian a few things to do to help me even more during my hardest contractions and when I was ready to give up and get an epidural, she reassured me that I could do it.
Time to go home. She looks so little in a car seat.
It looks like she's praying here. She is such a good girl!
Time for a bath.
This is how much she enjoys baths right now:
Mommy loves cuddling Hannah in a towel after her bath.
Look at Daddy's sweet princess.
Brian is such an amazing daddy already. Here are some pictures of him with little Hannah:
She is so pretty! I love little Hannah!
ReplyDelete