Monday, May 4, 2009

Women's Conference


Last week I attended Women's Conference at BYU with my mom and all of my sisters (including Cyleste). It was so fun for all of us to be together and we were all so glad that Lynnette could come from Georgia to be with us! On Wednesday night we met at Los Hermanos for dinner and Aunt June and Amy joined us.

The six of us stayed in Heritage Halls. Cyleste and I were in a room together, mom and LeAnne shared a room, and Lori and Lynnette shared a room. We had some late nights talking and I was exhausted by Friday night, but it was really fun!


The classes that I attended were really good. I learned more about being a good wife and mother and I felt the spirit so strong at times. I would have loved to attend more of the classes but I spent some good time with my family when I wasn't in classes. On Thursday night we normally go to the sharing stations and help with service projects but by the time we finished dinner, there was not enough time to do that. Lori and Lynnette went to the sharing stations quick and got some great ideas but mom, LeAnne, and I headed to the Marriott Center for a concert that was performed by various LDS musicians. Lynnette and Cyleste joined us there a little later.

On Friday afternoon, we met at Costa Vida for lunch. Brian, dad, and Greg joined us and it was fun to spend time with them.


On Friday night, Cyleste and I decided to spend the night at our own homes and be with our husbands but the others stayed and enjoyed going to the temple together and having dinner at the Brick Oven. On Saturday morning, we all went to Sandy and ate breakfast at Jim's Restaurant and then went to Ikea for some quick shopping. When we got home from Ikea, Brian and I crashed for a couple hours and took a nice, long nap.

It was so fun to have some "girl time" and to catch up with everyone. I'm really glad that we have made Women's Conference a tradition. I don't know how many I'll be able to attend in the future because of babies, possibly moving, etc. but I hope the tradition continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment