Tuesday, October 19, 2010

General Conference & New Callings

We enjoyed a very good General Conference weekend a couple weeks ago. We watched conference on our computer via the internet and it worked really well for us. Brian went to our church building to watch the priesthood session because they said it would be broadcast there but when he got there nobody was there. He called me and I helped him find his way to the stake center so he could watch it. He missed most of the first talk but we're glad that he made it and could hear the rest of the talks.

Hannah enjoyed conference. She spent most of her time playing, sleeping, or destroying Brian's block towers that he was building. She was really good most of the time. I think her favorite part of conference was listening to the music. Sometimes she would stop what she was doing and dance a little during the songs. She especially liked listening to "I Am a Child of God" during the Sunday afternoon session. She was very reverent during some of the prayers or talks and would fold her arms. We are so proud of her for being so good so that we could listen to most of the talks!

Brian was building towers with Hannah's blocks during some of the sessions. It kept both of them entertained and Hannah really liked to knock them down:

Brian and I received callings in our new ward recently. Brian was called to be the Executive Secretary for the ward and I was called to be the Mia Maid adviser which is the calling I had in our previous ward. We are both really excited about our calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment